This is the 3rd Conference call for LED2020 Burgos.
Please check it out as it contains important information concerning the Registration and Call for abstracts.
The Luminescence and ESR laboratories at the Centro Nacional de Investigación sobre la Evolución Humana (CENIEH) have the great pleasure to invite you to participate in the 16th International Conference on Luminescence and ESR Dating, LED2020 Burgos.
We are happy to announce the statistics and results related to the Workshop Online Poll that took place earlier in December 2019. We would like to thank you all for your participation!
We would like to let the Community know that due to the ban of Google Docs/Forms in China, we actually proceeded to do an “old fashion” Email Poll that was only sent to the Chinese Luminescence and ESR Community. Results of both polls are summarised below. For statistical purposes, all 3 main fields were assigned the same weight.
||Online + Email Poll
|Total number of responses
|Total % interest on the 3 Topics related to Dosimetry
|Total % interest on the 3 Topics related to Luminescence
|Total % interest on the 3 Topics related to ESR
|Total number of New Topics proposed (other than the 9 listed Topics)
|Total number of New Topics proposed that coincided
By majority, the selected Workshop Topic of choice is:
New Lights in OSL Dating: IRPL, VSL, TT-OSL, EMCCD imaging, etc.
SAVE THE DATES
Start of Early Registration & Abstract Submission Opens: 15 February 2020
Early Registration Deadline & Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 April 2020
Abstract Confirmation – Notification of Acceptance: 15 June 2020
Late Registration Deadline: 1 June 2020
For reasons outside our immediate control, the online Registration platform is not working yet. We hope it will be up and running by February 15th so all delegates will be able to pay the Registration Fees and submit abstracts online.
In terms of abstract, please go to the “Call for Abstracts” section of the Conference’s website to download the Word template that should be used for submission.
(Workshop, Social Events & Post-Conference Trip fees available on our Registration webpage)
|Early Bird – Before 15 April 2020:
||Early Bird – Before 15 April 2020:
|Late registration – From 15 April until 15 June 2020:
||Late registration – From 15 April until 15 June 2020:
* Fees cover: Registration, Conference Bag, Ice Breaker, Welcome Reception, Burgos City Tour, Coffee Breaks, Lunch Breaks, APP to access Book of Abstracts & Programme, Conference Proceedings.
- General Invitation Letter: If you need an Invitation Letter as part of your visa requirements and/or travel funding applications, without involving title of presentation or actual acceptance to the conference, we can provide a General Letter of Invitation with the intention to attend the Conference. Please send us an email with your contact information. We understand that some of you need to start visa/travel application processes early.
- We are in conversation with the Burgos’ hotels guild to allocate and guarantee lodging throughout the city during the week of the Conference. Information will be soon available on our website. Delegates will be responsible to make their own reservations citing the Conference as reference for special rates. Lodging during the weekend of the Post-Conference Trip should also be taken care of by individual participants as this cost is not included in the Post-Conference Trip Fees.
- We advise you to book your bus/train/flight early as Burgos tends to be a preferred travel destination during the European summer holidays not only due to its rich history, three UNESCO World Heritage Sites, etc., but also because it’s one of the favourite resting places for the hikers/pilgrims that travel along the Trail of St. James. Bear in mind that the conference will start only 1 week after the City’s Patron Festivity, Fiestas de San Pedro y San Pablo, a major celebration that takes place over 10 days (26 June – 5 July 2020) of non-stop parties and cultural activities attracting people from all over Spain and Europe.
- Buses to Burgos from major nearby international airports have websites with online payment options in which, normally, only European credit cards are allowed for in-advance ticket purchase. Tickets can also be purchased on site the day of travel. We are in conversations with the country’s major bus company (ALSA) to allow for international credit card payments.
WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTACT
By now, we hope that you have been able to visit the Conference’s website as well as the Conference’s social media profiles:
You will find updated information on the Conference’s website.
We understand the ban of the Social Media and other online platforms in some countries, reason why we keep the same information on all platforms and the website.
We encourage all of you to keep sending us any news and opportunities (e.g., jobs, fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, collaborations, etc.) that may be of interest to former/new colleagues and students!
Any information or requests can be sent to the Conference’s Official email address: email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you in Burgos!
Gloria I. López & Davinia Moreno